FIRST Take the O'brien Student Climate Survey found here: http://www.washoeschools.net/Page/4084
Then, if there is another BMA you have not finished, log back into EADMS and use the codes on the board to complete that BMA.
When both of these tasks are completed, you may explore the following links.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SOUND IS TURNED OFF ON YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE BEGINNING.
Interactive Physics Websites
1. Design a Roller Coaster – http://www.learner.org/exhibits/parkphysics/index.html
Design your roller coaster to achieve an overall “thumbs up” rating for Fun and Safety. List what the individual designs would have to be for
1) Height of the First Hill =
2) Shape of the First Hill =
3) The Exit Path =
4) Height of the Second Hill =
5) The Loop =
2. The Science of Hockey - http://www.exploratorium.edu/hockey/
Answer 3 of the 7 questions found on the bottom of the page
3. Skateboard Science - http://www.exploratorium.edu/skateboarding/
1) What is an ollie?
2) Describe the physics of another trick
4. Fear of Physics – http://www.fearofphysics.com/index1.html
Choose and “play with” at least 4 of the topics presented
5. The Experiments of Galileo - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pisa/galileo.html
Perform the experiments of Galileo - Falling Objects | Projectiles | Inclined Planes | Pendulums
6. The Physics of Baseball http://www.exploratorium.edu/baseball/index.html
Play the Fastball Reaction Time Exhibit Game
How do you throw a curveball?
7. Projectile Motion Game http://www.interactivestuff.org/sums4fun/projectile.html
8. Forces Game - Play the "Forces" Game http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/physical_processes/
9. Junkward Wars http://school.discoveryeducation.com/networks/junkyardwars/fun.html
Design your own junkward war dragster!!!!
10. EdHeads – Simple Machines and Car Crash Investigation
11.Play with the Simulations / Projectile Motion & Energy Skate Park!